The most popular online work options
As the Internet continues to change the way we live, working from home is becoming increasingly accessible and appealing, and online job possibilities are growing at a fast rate.
Working from home can be far more enjoyable than working from the office. When you work from home you have the benefit of a more relaxed work environment, you can avoid buying takeout or eating at an expensive restaurant and you will save money - and the environment - by burning less gas on your way to and from work.
After a quick look on the web, you will come across a diverse array of job opportunities for those looking to work at home. Here is a list of some of the most popular job opportunities on the Net:
- Web design and programming
- Writing / editing
- Customer service
Beware Of scams
Expect to see many suspicious-looking job advertisements on the Internet. One popular Internet scam is the online survey - there are hundreds of websites promising fortunes for participating in online surveys and focus groups. Many of these websites ask for a registration fee, and will usually end up paying very little, if anything. Even the legitimate companies will not pay off as advertised.
To avoid Internet scams, follow these general guidelines:
- Stay away from anyone who asks for a registration fee or important personal information.
- Never give important financial information to a prospective employer, even if they claim to need it for a background check.
- Stay away from jobs that involve reshipping goods or handling finances for companies in another country.
- Insist on secure methods of payment, such as PayPal or traditional bank checks.
One of the best screening methods you can use is to look for online jobs in reputable places. Many schools offer job postings for their students and graduates which are almost always reliable. Well-established job finding websites are also fairly safe bets.