Planning your dream day for two
Do you want to have a wedding away but feel lost in the planning? Choosing the right destination for your wedding is one of the most important decisions you'll make. Once you choose the destination, almost everything else is done for you because most resorts offer wedding planning packages and services.
More and more couples are choosing destination weddings because they are low hassle and are more affordable than traditional weddings.
Top destination wedding locations:
- Jamaica: With great scenery, from beautiful mountains to sunny beaches, Jamaica has diverse wedding locations. Also, there are wedding planning companies that can help you plan a great wedding.
- Las Vegas: Vegas is perfect if you want to get married in a top-quality city filled with entertainment for your guests to enjoy. Plan an elaborate ceremony or get hitched last minute in a little chapel with Elvis as an officiant.
- Grand Canyon: The majestic view of the Grand Canyon is an absolutely breathtaking wedding location backdrop for an adventurous couple.
- Rome: Rome has many great buildings, historical monuments and elegant restaurants that are perfect for a wedding ceremony.
- Cancun: Tourist-friendly Cancun is a great destination for young couples who want to spend their wedding week partying with their closest friends and family.
Things to consider:
- If you're on a tight budget, look for less expensive destinations. If you choose a top travel spot, consider choosing an off-season date.
- Couples are likely to have friends and family scattered across the country. Keep in mind that not all of them will be able to attend a destination wedding. You will also have to price tickets and hotel rooms for your guests, but you still get to avoid the last minute stresses of traditional wedding preparation.
- Give your guests as much advanced notice about your wedding as possible so they can make the necessary vacation arrangements. Many airlines offer discounts to passengers with groups over 10, so if your wedding is in another country, consider reserving a block of seats to make things easier and more affordable for your guests.
- If you are getting married in another state or country, you will need a passport and a local marriage license. Contact the local city hall and get permission to be married in the location.